This week in synagogue we read about the first Passover. There is an extended discussion describing how God saved the Jewish people.
The thing to remember is that the Jews were not just slaves. They were slaves who really, really, really got into the Egyptian lifestyle. They were also essentially domestic violence victims, caught in a kind of bond with their captors that was very hard to dislodge.
(We’ve all seen those Lifetime movies where the guy beats up his wife, and then the cops drag him off, and then the wife says, “Please! Don’t hurt him!”)
God had to make the Jews dis-identify with the occult that Egypt was. So God killed their babies. Exodus 12:29:
“It came to pass at midnight, and the Lord smote every firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh who sits on his throne to the firstborn of the captive who is in the dungeon, and every firstborn animal.”
Why did God kill the children of even the Egyptian’s prisoners? Because as a group, they were so depraved, so steeped in sorcery and witchcraft and the worship of inanimate things, that otherwise the prisoners would have said: “Our God, not the Jews’ God, killed the firstborn of our captors.”
But what exactly is “evil?” And how can this phenomenon have power if it does not operate underneath God’s auspices?
The short answer is that evil was granted power by God so as to test people.
For example, cannibals use their knowledge of nature (science) to extract power from the human body and soul in unholy ways.
Adrenaline and the Inner World by Dr. David Goldstein is a kind of guide to the adrenal glands, which are positioned on top of each kidney.
Why would God prohibit eating the adrenal glands? As Dr. Goldstein notes, they hold the powerful compounds “cortisol, aldosterone, adrenal androgens, and adrenaline” and eating them “could result in entry of one or more” of these into the bloodstream. Ingestion of adrenal gland tissue repeatedly…could easily have made them ill.”
The adrenal gland produces adrenaline (epinephrine).
Oxidized adrenalin is adrenochrome.
“SRA [Satanic Ritual Abuse] survivors, such as Kristy Allen, have made accounts claiming that Adrenochrome is the drug of choice for practicing satanists, who remove the adrenals after preferably killing a child, in order to harvest the hormonal secretions. ‘Many of us have heard of the excretion [of] Adrenochrome, the satanists remove the children’s adrenal glands right after they have been terrorized and when killed in rituals to extract this kool aid [sic] the elites use to sustain their youth and extend their lives.’” – Statement made by Kristy Allen at the ITNJ seating, June 2018.https://ascensionglossary.com/index.php/Adrenochrome citing
“Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) and Adrenaline laden blood stolen from victims is the core organizing principle of Satanic Ritual Abuse.”
The Torah (Bible) in Leviticus 3:4 requires that the “kidneys along with the fat” be removed when making a ritual animal sacrifice — indicating the commandment to human beings not to use this potential source of power.
Worship of the occult began in ancient times.
In The Golem of Prague (“The Occult: A Torah Perspective,” beginning on p. 313), Gershon Winkler explains:
- Jews do not believe in duality. The Torah teaches that everything is actually One.
- Evil comes about when we take our focus off of God and put it somewhere else (including ourselves).
- When we decide what is good and what is bad, instead of listening to God, we are in the realm of evil. The haughty man worships himself as a god and is therefore evil. “God says: I and he cannot dwell in the same world.” (Source: Talmud Bavli [Babylonian Talmud, as opposed to Jerusalem Talmud], Sotah, 5A)
- Page 316: “Most people assume that the worship of other ‘gods’ was practiced by our ancestors because of their primitiveness and ignorance. From the Torah perspective, however, ancient idolatry was basked in greater sophistication than ‘civilized’ people wish to believe.”
- Page 317: “Idolatry did not result originally out of ignorance of God, but on the contrary, from a very keen awareness of His greatness and His boundless energies.”
- Page 317: “The origin of idolatry is traced to the earliest generations of humanity which lived on the very morrow of Creation. The Divine energy was then still fresh. It illuminated every facet of creation, which had come into being by God’s will.”
- “Living so close to the moment of Creation and within the lifetime of the first man and woman, these generations were more spiritually sensitive…and certainly entertained no doubt of God’s existence.”
- Basically, they thought that since God created the sun, moon and stars, they should worship the sun, moon and stars, as a way of worshiping God.
- From there over time, “false prophets arose to preach that God had commanded the worship of some image or star by offerings….The priests began to urge certain rituals which would bring prosperity….In the course of time the name of God vanished from the mouths of men.” [See Maimonides, Yad, Hilchos Avodas Kochavim, 1:1 (English adaptation from R. Avigdor Miller in Behold A People, p. 17 (1968)]
- Page 318: “In the end, people worshipped not God but nature; not the Master, but His servants. This is the subtle nature of the deceptive human impulse, as the Talmud warns: ‘At first he (the evil inclination) becomes a guest; afterward, he becomes the master of the house.” (See Midrash Bereishis Rabbah, 22)
- In Jewish thinking, evil actually serves good, because it exists to give us a choice. Accordingly, the idol worshipers were given the ability to know how to draw down “power” energies, even though they weren’t Godly.
- “While the ensuing generations may have forgotten God, their leaders will still well-versed and trained in the arts of summoning the spiritual energies which abounded strongly then, from the recent act of Divine Creation.”
- “The worship of nature became an activity of harnessing the spiritual roots of the natural and drawing from their influence.”
- “R. Simon said, ‘There is not a single blade of grass that does not have its angel in heaven which rules over it and compels it, saying: “Grow!”‘” (Midrash Bereishis Rabbah, 10)
- Page 319: “the early idol-worshippers were capable of stirring the spiritual roots of the physical realm and effecting supernatural phenomena Thus, in the eyes of the masses, they were successful in making gods out of almost anything.”
- Page 319, source is Miller, Behold A People, p. 26: “Today, we do not realize how great was the power formerly exercised by the institution of idolatry. Entire nations, from the king down to the slave, lived under the dread of witchery and priestcraft.”
- “Laban practiced divination, and also the Egyptians (unlike the seed of Abraham). Their world was peopled by demons, against whom the sorcerer and the priest were the sole protectors.”
- “In Hammurabi’s time, much of the litigation consisted of lawsuits by plaintiffs who accused neighbors of bewitching them. The world was full of ‘holy men,’ prophets, fakirs, soothsayers, priests, saints, miracles, images, talismans, incantations, and shrines.”
- “In addition to the rule by terror, the idols also enchanted men by their appeal to the worst passions. Male and female prostitutes were everywhere, and they were part of the temple ritual. The passion of bloodshed was licensed by the institution of human sacrifice.”
- “Some nations (like the Aztecs and Mayans) waged continual warfare in order to obtain sufficient victims.”
- “Frequently, the monarch established himself as the offspring of a star or god, and thus claimed the right to be worshipped.”
- Page 321: “‘Satan’ is not the exclusive name of a particular angel as most people assume, but rather a scriptural term for ‘obstruction’ or ‘adversary.’”
- “The arch-angel of evil, whose name is Samael, is therefore called interchangeably, angel-of-death, satan, and evil inclination.”
- In Judaism, “‘Satan’ is…a description of a role rather than the designated name of an evil angel.”
- “The further a person slips from the focal point of life through submission to distortion, the more susceptible he becomes to the influence of evil….Thrown off center, he becomes confused and uncertain and loses control.”
- Page 322: Demons were created on Friday at twilight – too late for actual creation and too early for rest.
- Page 323: “Demons have forms, but are incomplete.” (Midrash, Etz Yosef)
- “Half human and half angel.” (Zohar)
- “As incomplete beings, they hold no absolute footing…either in the spiritual world or in the physical world. As wandering ‘spirits,’…sometimes they take on temporary physical form & other times they remain invisible.” (Avos d’Rebbe Nosson, 37)
- Page 324: “As stateless beings, they are drawn to the stateless and seek to occupy the unoccupied.”
- “These creatures, caught in limbo between the spiritual and the physical realms, manifest themselves through a form of symbiosis in much the same way parasitic organisms do….They do not exist in their own right but are always dependent on the life of other creatures.”
- “Emotional vampires”
- P. 325 “Like any other evil energy, demons could also be harnessed for good” — including for the creation of a Golem to protect the Jews in Prague, in the Middle Ages.
- P. 328: “The supernal powers of the occult have no foundations of their own and operate by symbiosis, of the parasitic kind, conveniently parking in vacant spaces of societal confusion.”
- “‘One who desires to become impure,’ the Talmud warns, ‘the way is open for him.’” (Talmud Bavli Shabbos, 104A).
By Dr. Dannielle Blumenthal. All opinions are the author’s own. Public domain.