A few insights from Rabbi Yosef Mizrachi, heard last night. He is a very straightforward and opinionated rabbi who speaks his mind and some find his words controversial. If any of the below strikes you as unusually straightforward, that is why. I personally loved the lecture and came away informed and inspired.
These and many other great insights were conveyed by Rabbi Yosef Mizrachi in a community lecture on Bereishis (Genesis) last night.
- Do not discipline people to destroy them but to set them up for improved behavior and even greater success in the future.
- The younger generation today lacks respect and is arrogant and entitled. This is one of the signs that the Moshiach (Messiah) is coming soon.
- Most science today is speculative and therefore worthless. Focus on discoveries that can be known as definitively true. For example the world is 5782 years old not billions of years old. Scientists cannot prove the latter at all but they keep repeating it.
- Every scientist believes in God but out of wickedness they play dumb. (Points to water bottle) did it invent itself? Of course not. But the whole world did?
- God repays everyone exactly based on their deeds. Joked about the man who pleaded ignorance to get out of going to prayers and then on his death was tricked into choosing hell because the signs were switched making him ignorant.
- Don’t take chances with God. If I put 100 plastic cups of water in front of you and say that one has poison mixed in, you won’t drink any of them. But you think you will somehow defy God and win in the end?
- When you dream, God is showing you information from the spiritual realm and that realm is outside of all physical time. The actual length of the dream is short.
- Before you argue against something, take the time to truly understand it or you sound like a fool.
- Politicians are liars and the term politically correct is a euphemism for lying. We put thieves in charge of the treasury. Total corruption in the system.
- We must return to truth. This message is hidden in the first words of Genesis, whose last letters spell out “Emet” or truth.
- Trump spoke of God constantly. You may or may not like him as a leader but this alone was a factor that truly set him apart in a positive way.
- Personal relationships. “It is not good for a man to be alone” it men need to learn how to be married. Many men say they want a divorce because their wife is impossible and beg the rabbi to teach the woman to be more religious. Usually it is the man who does not know how to be a husband, ie to treat his wife with loving care, and this leads to the woman becoming bitter – “dying inside.”
- Why doesn’t God clearly indicate on our troubles (punishments) which crime they’re for? So that we will search our hearts and repent for many sins at once.
- The truth is only visible at the end. Don’t get disheartened by a small clip of the whole story.
By Dr. Dannielle (Dossy) Blumenthal. All opinions are the author’s own. Public domain.